There is hereby levied an annual acreage tax of two cents ($0.02) per acre on all forest
lands and cut over potential forest lands situated in all areas of the Parish, except lands
classified as marsh or swamp land subject to overflow. Said tax shall be assessed, collected,
remitted and administered as provided by law. (Ord. No. 103, Bk. 2, P. 164)
Required, Fee, Term, Renewal: A seismic exploratory permit from the St. Tammany
Parish Police Jury is hereby required of all parties engaging in seismic exploratory
activities within the boundaries of St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana (excluding activities
totally confined to State of Louisiana owned or controlled lands and water bodies).
The seismic exploratory permit shall bear the signature of the Police Jury President or
authorized designee, the Secretary to the Police Jury and approval signature of the
Director of the Department of Permits and Inspections or head of the Department of
Public Works. The fee for a seismic exploratory permit shall be established as One
Hundred Dollars ($100.00). Permits shall be valid for a period of six (6) months and
are subject to renewal for not more than two (2) ninety-day (90) periods at the
discretion of the Police Jury President and the Director of the Department of Permits
and Inspections or head of the Department of Public Works.
(2) Application Information Required: All applications for seismic exploratory permits shall be submitted to the St. Tammany Parish Police Jury Office ten (10) days prior to the issuance of a permit. All applications shall contain the following information:
(1) The name of the applicant (agent/representative and corporation);
(2) Address(es) of applicant(s);
(3) Phone number(s);
(4) Description of proposed work;
(5) Location of proposed work;
(6) Name of contractor;
(7) Address of contractor;
(8) Phone number of contractor.
(3) Additional Information Required: The following information shall accompany and be attached to all applications for seismic exploratory permits:
(1) A certificate of proof of current liability insurance (included therein shall be identification of the carrier, representative and claims telephone number);
(2) Copies, including permit numbers, of all applicable State and Federal agency permits, i.e., Wildlife and Fisheries Commission, State Mineral Board, Department of Transportation, Department of Public Safety, Division of State Police, and U.S. Corps of Engineers.
(a) All land clearing permits within Sub-Drainage District No. 1 (Parcel) of Drainage
District No. 3, shall be reviewed and approved by Sub-Drainage District No. 1 (Parcel)
Board of Commissioners.
CROSS REFERENCE: See Chapter 7, Section 7-078.00 for the description of the boundaries of Sub-Drainage District No. 1 (Parcel) of Gravity Drainage District No. 3.
(Ord. No. 84-231, adopted 10/18/84; Ord. No. 85-413, adopted 06/20/85; Ord. No. 86-698, adopted 09/18/86; Ord. No. 87-826, adopted 07/16/87; Ord. No. 87-862, adopted 10/15/87; Ord. No. 87-872, adopted 10/29/87)
EDITORIAL NOTE: Adoption of Ord. C.S. No. 02-0460, 04/04/02, and Ord. C.S. No. 04-0951, 09/02/04, amending Land Use
Regulations Ordinance 523, Section 5.17 Land Clearing Permit, operated to repeal the provisions of subsections (a) through (I) of
Section 12-003.00. Subsection (j) is retained and renumbered as Subsection (a) above.
EDITORIAL NOTE: Ord. No. 88-999 adopted 11/17/88 amends Ord. No. 87-882 adopted 11/19/87 subsection (a) thereof increasing
the contract amount from $5,000.00 to $20,000.00.
(1) To the end that the Parish of St. Tammany, and the political subdivisions thereof may receive all taxes due in every instance, contractors and subcontractors desiring to engage in, prosecute, follow or carry on the business of contracting shall register with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff as Collector of Sales and Use Tax for the Parish of St. Tammany, for each contract where the total contract price or compensation to be received amounts to more than Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000.00). The Sheriff shall charge a fee for such registration in the amount of Ten dollars ($10.00) for each such contract. (Ord. No. 87-882, adopted 11/19/87; amended by Ord. No. 88-999, adopted 11/17/88)
(2) "Contractor" is synonymous with the term "builder" and means a person, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other organization, or a combination of them, which undertakes to or offers to undertake to, or purports to have the capacity to undertake to, or submits a bid to, or does himself or by or through others, construct, alter, repair, add to, subtract from, improve, move, wreck or demolish any building, highway, road, railroad, excavation or other structure, project, development or improvement or to do any part thereof, including the erection of scaffolding or other structure or works in connection therewith, and includes subcontractors and specialty contractors. As such, the word "contractor" shall include oil field service contractors, which shall consist of those contractors performing general oil well servicing, maintenance and construction when conducted as a single company unit. "General oil well servicing" shall include welding, pipe coating, pipe inspection, wireline service, automation, workover, logging, analysis, seismograph, installing and servicing equipment, packing, platform work, perforating, and completion.
(3) No Parish entity charged with the responsibility of issuing any permit, license or certificate necessary for the lawful commencement of any construction contract shall issue such permit, license or certificate to a contractor until sufficient evidence is presented by the applicant that he has registered with the Sheriff, as collector of sales and use tax in compliance with this Section.
(4) The Sheriff shall promulgate such rules and regulations and may have printed such forms as are necessary to effectuate the provisions of this Section.
(5) Nothing herein shall be constructed so as to affect the licensing requirements of this chapter [Section].
(Ord. No. 87-850, adopted 08/20/87; Ord. No. 87-882, adopted 11/19/87)
1. Any person desiring to distribute or display a political sign in connection with an organized campaign in support of or opposition to and candidacy, political slate or ticket, or ballot proposal shall first make an application to the Department of Development for the issuance of a temporary sign permit. Such application shall include the name, address
and telephone number of the applicant. The applicant for the permit shall provide the
Department of Development with specimen copies of all signs to be distributed or
displayed under the permit.
2 . The Department of Development shall issue the requested permit upon receipt of the application and specimens provided for in paragraph A, above. Said permit shall authorize the distribution, erection and display of an unlimited number of signs of the type or types submitted by the applicant.
3 . Any such permit shall be issued for a period of time not to exceed thirty (30) consecutive calendar days before qualifying and expires on the tenth (10th) day following the date of the general election to which the sign pertains, however, that in the event that signs are distributed, erected or displayed under any such permit in connection with any candidacy or ballot proposal which involves more than one election, the permit shall automatically extend to the tenth (10th) day following the date of the general election to which the sign pertains.
4 . No political sign shall be erected or displayed in any public right-of-way.
5 . No political sign shall exceed thirty-two (32) square feet in sign face area.
6 . The applicant shall remove all political signs erected or displayed under any permit issued to him under the provisions of this section no later than ten (10) calendar days following the last election to which the signs pertain. Upon the failure to timely remove such signs, the Parish may thereafter remove and dispose of any remaining signs.
(Ord. No. 96-2421, adopted 05/16/96)
SECS. 12-006.00 - 12-015.99 Reserved.