It shall be lawful for any bona fide nonprofit veterans' charitable, educational or religious or fraternal, civic, service clubs or Mardi Gras Carnival organization that has received a permit to parade from a municipality or public governing authority which is domiciled in the Parish to hold and operate the specific kind of game of chance commonly known as bingo, raffle, keno and pull-tab games, played for prizes with cards bearing numbers or other designations, five (5) or more than one (1) line, the holder covering numbers, as objects, similarly numbered, are drawn from a receptacle and the game being won by the person who first covers a previously designated arrangements of numbers on such a card; and the game
of chance commonly known as pull-tabs played for prizes with cards or tickets and as defined
in LSA R.S. 33:4861.2; by selling shares or tickets or rights to participate in such games, and
by conducting the games accordingly when the entire net proceeds of such games are to be
devoted entirely to educational, charitable, patriotic, religious or public spirited uses within the
State, whose officers are residents of the Parish as evidenced through the voter registration
rolls of the Parish Registrar of Voters. It is herewith required that all bona fide local organiza
tions provide the Parish with a copy of a valid permit issued by the State of Louisiana.
Should an applicant not currently possess a valid permit issued by the State of Louisiana, the
applicant shall be eligible for a ninety day permit to conduct games of chance allowable under
the provisions of this Division provided that all net proceeds are escrowed with the Parish.
Should such permit be denied by the State of Louisiana, all proceeds shall be forfeited to the
Parish for the benefit of nonprofit community service organizations. In the event such permit
is approved by the State of Louisiana, such funds shall be released to the organization
conducting such games. (Ord. No. 85-328, adopted 01/17/85; Ord. No. 85-546, adopted
12/19/85; amended by Ord. No. 91-1450, adopted 05/16/91)
Definition. Pull-tabs shall mean single or banded tickets or cards each with its face
covered to conceal one (1) or more numbers or symbols, where one (1) or more card
or ticket in each set has been designated in advance as a winner.
(2) Regulated. No organization, distributor or manufacturer or any representative thereof, either with knowledge or in circumstances whereunder he reasonably should have known, shall possess, display, put out for play, sell or otherwise furnish to any person any deal of pull-tabs:
(1) In which the winning pull-tabs have not been completely and randomly distributed and mixed among all other pull-tabs in the deal;
(2) In which the location or approximate location of any of the winning pull-tabs can be determined in advance of opening the pull-tabs in any manner or by any device, including but not limited to any pattern in the manufacture, assembly or packaging of pull-tabs by the manufacturer, by any markings on the pull-tabs or container, or by the use of a light; or
(3) Which does not conform in any respect to these requirements as to manufacturer, assembly, or packaging.
(3) Purchase. Effective January 1, 1986, a distributor shall not purchase or be furnished any deal of pull-tabs from a manufacturer of pull-tabs unless all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The manufacturer's label or trademark has been registered with the Office of State Police.
(2) Each individual pull-tab manufactured has conspicuously set forth on it the name of the manufacturer or a label or trademark which identifies its manufacturer.
(3) The pull-tab is of a type approved by the Office of State Police for use in Louisiana. (Ord. No. 85-546, adopted 12/19/85)
SEC. 12-026.03 Application
Each applicant for a license under this Division shall file with the Parish Police Jury
a written application therefor in the form prescribed by the Jury, duly executed and
verified, in which shall be stated:
1 . The name and address of the bona fide nonprofit organization or association;
2 . The names and addresses of its officers;
3. The specific kind of game or games of chance intended to be held, operated and conducted by the applicant, and the place or places where, the date or dates and the time or times when such game or games of chance are intended to be con ducted by the applicant under the license applied for;
4. The items of expense intended to be incurred or paid in connection with the holding, operating and conducting of such game or games of chance and the names and addresses of the persons to whom, and the purposes for which, they are to be paid;
5. The specific purposes to which the entire net proceeds of such game or games of chance are to be devoted and in what manner;
6 . That no commission, salary, compensation, reward or recompense will be paid to any person for holding, operating or conducting, or assisting in the holding, operating or conducting of such games of chance;
7 . A description of all prizes to be offered and given in all such games of chance to be held, operated and conducted under such license;
8 . A list containing the names and addresses of all of its officers and members. The lone exception to this provision would be in the case of churches, which are required to submit the names of those persons responsible for the operation of the game of chance, along with the names of all persons who would be working in conjunction therewith.
9 . In each application there shall be designated an active member or members of the applicant under whom the game or games of chance described in application are to be held, operated and conducted; and, to the application shall be appended a statement executed by the applicant and by member or members so designated that he or they will be responsible for holding, operating and conducting of such game or games of chance in accordance with the terms of such license. (Ord. No. 85-328, adopted 01/17/85; Ord. No. 85-546, adopted 12/19/85; amended by Ord. No. 91-1450, adopted 05/16/91)
Bingo permits shall be issued for the Calendar Year of July 1st to June 30th. Effective
January 1, 1992, bingo permits will be issued for six months, January 1 - June 30, 1992.
Thereafter, all bingo permits will be issued from July 1st - June 30th. (Ord. No. 91-1450,
SECS. 12-026.10 - 12-026.99 Reserved.