No later than fifteen (15) days after the end of the calendar month in which a game of
chance licensed under this Article was held, operated or conducted, the organization
or association which held, operated or conducted the game and its member or
members who were in charge thereof shall furnish to the Parish Police Jury a duly
verified statement showing:
(1) The amount of the gross receipts derived from each such game of chance, which shall include receipts from the sale of shares, tickets or rights in manner connected with participation in the game or the right to participate therein;
(2) Each item of expense incurred, or paid, and each item of expenditure made or to be made, including the name and address of each person to whom each such item has been, or is to be paid, with a detailed description of the merchandise purchased or the services rendered therefor;
(3) The net profit derived from each such game of chance, and the uses to which such net profit has been or is to be applied; and
(4) A list of prizes offered or given, with the respective values thereof.
(2) It shall be the duty of each licensee to maintain and keep such books and records as may be necessary to substantiate the particulars of each such report.
Jan., Feb., March
(Ord. No. 85-328, adopted 01/17/85; Ord. No. 85-546, adopted 12/19/85; Ord. No. 89-1092,
STATE REFERENCE: LSA R.S. 33:4861 et seq.
The Parish Police Jury shall have the power to examine or to cause to be examined the
books and records of any organization or association to which a license is issued under this
Article, so far as they may relate to any transactions connected with the holding and
conducting of any game of chance thereunder, and further, to examine any manager, officer,
director, agent, member or employee thereof under oath in relation to the conduct of any such
game of chance under any such license. Any information so received shall not be disclosed
except so far as may be necessary for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this
Article. (Ord. No. 85-328, adopted 01/17/85; Ord. No. 85-546, adopted 12/19/85)
Additionally, all organizations which are issued licenses under the provisions of this Article
shall remit a fee to the Police Jury to provide for the examination and administration of
records and audit fees based on a flat fixed rate of three percent (3%) of net proceeds (gross
proceeds after allowable expenses) for each quarterly filing.
Any prior monies collected under Ordinance No. 91-1424 in excess of 3% of net proceeds
be refunded to the charitable organizations remitting same.
All charitable organizations holding licenses under this Article be given advance written
notice of any proposed amendments in the future. (Ord. No. 86-328, adopted 01/17/85;
amended by Ord. No. 91-1424, adopted 03/21/91; amended by Ord. No. 91-1485, adopted
No persons, associations or corporation:
Possessing, selling or in any manner disposing of in the Parish, any shares,
tickets or rights to participate in any game or games of chance conducted or to
be conducted under any license lawfully issued pursuant to this Article;
(2) Lawfully conducting or participating in the conduct of any such game of chance; or
Any person who or which shall make any false statement in any application for a license
under this Article or shall fail to keep such books and records as shall fully and truly record all
transactions connected with the holding, operating or conducting of games of chance under
any such license or shall falsify or make any false entry in any books or records so far as they
relate to any transaction connected with the holding, operating and conducting of any game
of chance under any such license or shall falsify or make any false entry in any books or
record so far as they relate to any transaction connected with the holding, operating and
conducting of any game of chance under any such license or shall violate any of the
provisions of this Article or of any terms of such license shall be a disorderly person and if
convicted as such shall, in addition to suffering any other penalties which may be imposed
forfeit any license issued to it under this Article and shall be ineligible to apply for a license
under this Article for one (1) year thereafter. (Ord. No. 85-328, adopted 01/17/85; Ord. No.
85-546, adopted 12/19/85)
SECS. 12-027.05 - 12-029.99 Reserved.